My Quote

"Maybe our mistakes are what makes our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course we wouldn't fall in love, or be who we are. After all seasons change. So do cities. People come in our lives and people go. But it's comforting...the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're lucky, always will be."-Miranda Brogdon

12 July 2010

Inside-Out Ravioli

Ok so last night I tried out this new recipe that I got off the November birth board and EVERYONE loved it!! Well all except my hubby cause he doesn't like ground beef. But I'll be more than happy to share it with you guys and even tell you a few tricks that I did to alter the recipe for my picky eaters!!!


Original Recipe:
1-2 lbs hamburger
1/2 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 Jar spaghetti sauce (I make my own)
3 oz can of tomato paste
1 box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained (reserve liquid)
10 oz cooked shell macaroni
4 oz Velveeta, shredded
1/2 c mozarella cheese, shredded
1/2 c bread crumbs
1/4 c veggie oil
1 egg

Brown burger, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Add enough water to spinach liquid to make one cup - add to burger with tomato paste and spaghetti sauce. Simmer 10 minutes.
In a seperate bowl, mix noodles, spinach, bread crumbs, cheese, oil and egg. Spread in the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Top with meat mixture.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.



My tricks:
Brown the hamburger meat first then strain and wash it to get the extra grease off. While straining meat, cook your onions so that they are clear and mushy. Also rather than putting the spinach in with the shells and other ingredients, puree it and put in it the spaghetti sauce that you'll put in with your meat!!! It doesn't change the taste of it at ALL, it just adds the extra protein that you need!!


Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: