My Quote

"Maybe our mistakes are what makes our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course we wouldn't fall in love, or be who we are. After all seasons change. So do cities. People come in our lives and people go. But it's comforting...the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're lucky, always will be."-Miranda Brogdon

09 July 2010

18 weeks!!

Ok so I'm going to play a little catch up right now since I've been MIA for a little bit and I'm going to catch up on my posts from baby Alec!!


Dear Reader,


Head to rump, I'm about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and  I weigh almost 7 ounces. I'm busy flexing my arms and legs — movements that my mommy will start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. My blood vessels are visible through my thin skin, and my ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from my head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around my nerves, a process that will continue for a year after I'm born. My genitals are noticeable now, but I hide them from mommy and daddy during ultrasounds.


Sincerely,
Alec


Photobucket

No comments: