My Quote

"Maybe our mistakes are what makes our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course we wouldn't fall in love, or be who we are. After all seasons change. So do cities. People come in our lives and people go. But it's comforting...the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're lucky, always will be."-Miranda Brogdon

09 July 2010

19 weeks!!

Dear Reader,


My sensory development is exploding! My brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that I may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to my, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.

I weigh about 8 1/2 ounces and measure 6 inches, head to bottom —about the size of a large heirloom tomato. My arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of my body now. My kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on my scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on my skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid. Wouldn't want me coming out and looking like an old man!!


Sincerely,
Alec Grayson


Photobucket

No comments: