My Quote

"Maybe our mistakes are what makes our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course we wouldn't fall in love, or be who we are. After all seasons change. So do cities. People come in our lives and people go. But it's comforting...the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're lucky, always will be."-Miranda Brogdon

11 August 2010

To have or not to have

Ok so I've ran into kind of a dilemma. While talking to my mother about my birth plan I stated that I only wanted my husband, Jacob, in the room while I was in labor and nobody else. Well my mother had a HUGE fit stating that she was going to be in the room with me the ENTIRE time of labor and I told her no that it was our moment not hers that she could come in the room once the baby was born. That infuriated her and she said she just wouldn't come and that once the baby was born that Jacob could call her and let her know. In one way I don't want my mother to be upset but it really is OUR moment not hers. I'm not really sure what I should do, should I stay my ground and say that I ONLY want my husband with me or should I cave into her wants and let her come back??

No comments: