My Quote

"Maybe our mistakes are what makes our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course we wouldn't fall in love, or be who we are. After all seasons change. So do cities. People come in our lives and people go. But it's comforting...the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're lucky, always will be."-Miranda Brogdon

04 August 2010

24 weeks!!!

Dear Reader,


I'm growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts me at just over a pound. Since I'm almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), I cut a pretty lean figure at this point, but my body is filling out proportionally and I'll soon start to plump up. My brain is also growing quickly now, and my taste buds are continuing to develop. My lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help my air sacs inflate once I hits the outside world. My skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon. Between now and the 28th week I'll be at my most mobile time but after that I won't have much room to move around so mommy will just have to wait patiently over the next few weeks!!


Baby Alec


Photobucket

No comments: